Saturday, May 15, 2010

Keep on Truckin'

So, still been pretty busy lately. I never really get the chance to get bored. I spent a good three hours in the last couple days moving a bunch of free dirt from my neighbor's driveway onto the edge of my lawn where I am planning to make a raised/mounded bed for shrubs, trees and flowers. My plan is to cover the ugly parts of my lawn, and define the space a little more. I am also putting in some bricks next to the driveway to expand it a bit. Brandon was sweet enough to help me this morning, but yesterday I spend a good two hours out in the hot sun moving dirt. I am sore today, but not as sore as I thought I would be. We'll also be getting our siding done in the next few weeks! Our cute little house will then be a sharp moss green with white trim. I couldn't help myself last week and put together a few potted flowers around my house. I needed some color to go with the sun that's finally come back to Oregon.As you know, I have also cleaned and rearranged the family room and yesterday I bought a nice little TV stand at the GW Outlet for $15. I had to clean it up and put it together correctly (it's almost as good as new). Not only was it a great deal, but it came with two free DVD's that were never cleaned out of it (Premonition and The DaVinci Code), two owner's manuals, three old remotes, and the base of an old TV antenna.

Brandon and I took a bunch of old DVD's and CD's over to FYE and exchanged them for a bunch of new CD's, DVD's, and Blu-Ray's (Too many to list here). I'm so excited! Woot!

I was laying down to try and take a nap before work on Thursday and it ended up being more a meditation session. I just had a moment of reflection and clarity. It occurred to me that I felt so blessed because I have such a wonderful husband, home, family, the ability to get the medical/dental care I need, and being able to pay my bills and buy the groceries I need. There were times in the past where I could hardly pay my rent and the stress of being really broke was breaking me. I was also thinking back to the end of last summer when I was walking in the park and looking up to the heavens and feeling such an overwhelming feeling of the long weight-loss journey that I was beginning at 230lbs. I am now at 211lbs. which isn't ideal, but so much closer to how much I weighed when Brandon and I started dating. My goal for the summer is get back under 200lbs and keep on truckin'!!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are lookin' beautiful and can't wait to see you at the end of August! Good job on the weight loss and goal for the summer! I know you can do it because you're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete